24 Strange Facts About Space

How often do you think beyond Earth? We have no idea how big our universe is and how many secrets the universe holds. It is impossible to fully explore the universe, but by 2019, scientists have presented us with many amazing facts about the universe that will surprise anyone.

1. The size of Jupiter is so huge that it can accommodate 1,000 planets the size of Earth, and the Sun – a million planets.

2. The Earth is constantly rotating and flying at a distance of 19,300 kilometers every minute.

3. We often complain that we don’t have enough 24 hours in a day, right? Well, there is a solution to this problem – you need to go to the moon, because there is a day that lasts 708 hours 44 minutes 2.8 seconds.

4. Orders in Bali are in pink, orders in Mars are in blue. Just imagine this beauty!


5. Uranus is the coldest planet in the entire solar system. The lowest temperature ever recorded on Uranus was -224 degrees Celsius. Yes, a jacket or sheepskin coat is indispensable here.

6. There is also a problem with the presence of waste in space. And these are not Pepsi bottles, but about 500,000 pieces of space debris, which consist of parts from satellites and rockets.

7. Continuing the theme of debris in space … The Russian StarRocket project, media specialist Vladilin Sitnikov, plans to launch the first ad in space by 2022.

8. Imagine the number of grains of sand on all the beaches and deserts of the Earth. Surprisingly, there are many stars in the universe.


9. As snow falls on a flower. But the snow of Venus is a substance of an unknown nature. Although most scientists are still inclined to believe that most of the snow consists of lead sulfide.

10. There is no atmosphere in space and therefore no sounds at all. Complete silence.

11. There is such a cosmic term spaggification. And yes, this phenomenon comes from the word spaghetti. If a person falls into a black hole, it will expand like noodles.

12. In the state of weightlessness, people become 5 centimeters taller, because in space nothing presses on the spine, but gravity does.



13. Our galaxy contains 500 million potentially habitable planets, so extraterrestrial life most likely still exists.

14. 5% of the mass of the universe is planets and stars. The remaining 95% … but no one knows what they are for sure.

15. In weightlessness, people do not snore, so astronauts are not afraid to wake up in the middle of the night from a loud snorer from a neighbor.

16. Every day, approximately 200,000 meteors fly towards Earth, but all of them, fortunately, burn up in the atmosphere.

17. Every year the moon moves away from us by 4 centimeters.

18. There are many volcanoes on Venus.

19. Only in our galaxy are 40 new stars born every year.

20. A solar eclipse lasts only 7.5 minutes, while a lunar eclipse lasts 104 minutes.



21. There is no wind on the moon, so all traces of its surface remain there forever. For example, the imprint of Neil Armstrong can still be seen to this day.

22. If a person weighs 100 kg on Earth, he will weigh about 38 kg on Mars due to the reduced gravitational field.

23. A night on Uranus lasts 21 years. This is where you can get a good night’s sleep!

24 – Russian cosmonaut Sergei Krikalev is the tallest in space. He spent there more than two years.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.